Results-oriented professional, experienced in public relations and education. Proficient how-to author covering adult and children’s issues. Founded and maintained weekly email informational question and answer newsletter for 2000 subscribers. Excels in supervising and motivating staff. Member Garden Writers Association of America.
Additional experience in:
• display design
Highlights of Qualifications and Accomplishments
Initiated Garden Spot column in 2000. Contributed over 50 articles and assisted contributing writers in fact checking and editing.
Contributing writer to The Watering Whole, water education column from 2001 to 2003.
Initiated Lawn and Garden column, contributing writer.
Penn State University
• County Coordinator responsible for development and approval of educational materials.
• Liaison between Penn State and area businesses such as Palmerton Hospital and area school districts.
• Media representative and authored press releases for local newspapers and TV.
• Designed and implemented teaching modules, saving the University $5000 over a four year period.
• Conducted 150 public workshops and seminars totaling 4500 attendees.
Carbon County Groundwater Guardians
Created flyers, brochures, newspaper articles and website content.
Governors Award in Excellence for Environmental Education:
• 2001 Water Stewardship
• 2002 Compost Education
Back Home Magazine, Mother Earth News, Relish Magazine, Clamor and Funds for Writers