World Water Day
Five Food Finds about Water
- Over 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.
- The recommended daily intake of water is 8 cups per day, but it can come through the consumption of food as well.
- There’s more fresh water stored under the ground in aquifers than on the earth’s surface.
- Drinking too much water too quickly causes water intoxication, caused by reduced sodium (salt) levels in the blood stream. Some confuse this with a “runner’s high”.
- Of all the water on the earth, humans can use about three tenths of a percent of it for drinking water.
“My fake plants died because I didn’t pretend to water them.”
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1841 Cornstarch was patented by Orlando Jones in England.
1960 R.I.P. Agnes Arber the British botanist who wrote ‘Herbals: Their Origin and Evolution
View original post 34 more words